Snoring is a common thing not only in males but also in females. It can be at times embarrassing but is often not in the person’s control. Most of the people do not try to know the exact cause behind it. In easy terms, it is noisy breathing for most of people. It can also be considered as harsh as the person sleeping beside you can get disturbed. It is experienced by almost everyone around but is more frequent while sleeping.
How Can You Improve the Quality of Sleep?
There can be a reason for what causes it, especially during sleep. Some obstruction of the respiratory system might cause this. The air is not able to move freely between your nose and mouth and hence the result. It can also happen when the airway gets narrower as you breathe thus producing harsh breathing and preventing smooth breathing. This can be irritating especially for the person sleeping beside you. There are ways and exercises , how to stop snoring exercises. With the help of these techniques, you can improve the quality of your sleep and hence have a fresh morning, check here.
Common Snoring Causes
- A reduced muscle tone in the throat or nose can because of this. The throat passageway becomes narrower as the age increases and hence can cause snoring.
- As per the trait, it is found that men snore more than women due to the narrower air passageway with increasing age.
- It also happens due to excessive fat or obesity around the neck and connected nose muscles.
- Sometimes medical conditions like tonsillitis and swollen neck glands can cause the air passageway to get blocked and hence causing the snoring.
- Persistent family history can also lead to snoring as a result of heredity. Sleeping postures also affects the sleeping quality as when you sleep on the back it pressurizes the back and hence causes snoring.
- Excessive alcohol consumption can also cause snoring.
Effective Ways to Stop Snoring
Snoring can indicate bad health and can have adverse effects at a later stage in life. Hence it is advisable that one suffering from excessive snoring habits take measures early in their life.
- Devices- There are certain mechanical devices that can be used to stop a person from snoring. These devices are placed in the oral cavity of a person and require frequent monitoring failing which can result in jaw issues of the person.
- Surgery- This includes surgery methods that trim off the excessive throat muscles which can cause blockage in the air passage. It is performed by giving the patient general anesthesia.
- CPAP- Here a pressurised mask is worn while sleeping that forces the air into the proper passage hence ensuring smooth breathing.
Exercises to Stop Snoring
- Try to breathe in and out slowly and then make it deep eventually. The breathing exercises require consistent practice for the best results. It will keep the passage of the nasal clean and clear.
- Try out some mouth exercises like mouth movements in different directions to strengthen jaw and mouth muscles.
- Practice regular singings or playing of the instruments to keep the nasal clear and the mouth muscles tight.
So if you are sick of the snoring habit you can try the above methods. This will ensure your quality sleep and hence prevent the irritation. It will also ensure good health and good breathing habits.