Small, Practical and quality. That’s three words that represent one of the USB stick as file storage media. USB stick will of course continue to survive until the next few years because it is very practical and can store data up to the size of GB. One of the things that might annoy you is when you switch the USB stick into the hands of others, can borrow a friend or even disappear. What makes a headache and feeling a loss instead of the USB stick, but from the data stored in the USB stick. Because the existing data in USB stick is an important data and privacy, such as the coursework, or thesis office data.
In order for your existing data in the USB stick does not read anyone else, we recommend you first to protect with a password set. I will explain two applications for protection on a USB stick using USB stick Security and Master Voyager.
USB Flash Security
- Prepare USB stick Maximum capacity 4 GB. (If you have more capacity than 4 GB, please use the version above).
- Download Software USB Flash Security.
- Once you format the USB stick using the FAT File System.
- When finished formatting, keep your USB Flash Application Security, check here www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/01/18/2160154/0/en/xtra-pc-reviews-best-linux-usb-stick-product-review-by-rick-finn.html.
- Then click the Install button, and then click the OK button.
- Enter the desired password, continue to confirm the password, and fill in the hint. Then click OK button.
- Wait until the process ends, so it will display a screen similar to below.
If you have important data (such as a list account & password) stored in the USB stick and do not want to read someone else (for example if you borrowed a friend USB stick), you can protect data with passwords. This method uses the help of Master Voyager software download here http://www.4shared.com/file/mlz5imtb/Master_Voyager.htm.
The steps for partitioning and provide a password on a USB stick that are as follows:
- On the menu click the icon USB stick storage.
- Click on the icon on the tab of the Secure Partition Manager Media Partitions.
- Click New Partition
- Give the name and label on the partition you just created. After that Apply. Fill in the password in a new window that appears. At trial version can only be filled in the password 123. If you want to fill in the password as you wish, you must buy a license first.
- After filling passwords partitioning process will begin. Wait until finished.
- Once completed you Close and Exit the program.
The measures for protection are as follows:
- Open Windows Explorer. Right-click the icon USB sticks. Select Manage Secure Partitions (Master Voyager) or double-clicking the icon mvoyager.exe on the right side window of Windows Explorer.
- After that came the window to fill in the password. You input the password (123).
- After that a new disk drive will appear on the list to the left of Windows Explorer and also appeared in the systray icon Master Voyager.
- That is where your place to store the files you want protected. Live copy paste as usual. When finished, unmount the disk via a Master Voyager icon in systray.